Wednesday 9 November 2011

So it seems I'm already out - except I don't remember officially coming out...

OK so it turns out that most of the sixth form at my school know I'm gay, when I haven't told *that* many people. Don't get me wrong, I really don't mind who knows or how many people know - it's not as if I deny it at all.

Basically (and I'm not sure how much of this is true, because I was in a lesson when it happened), Harry and Sarah were having an argument about something, and Sarah decided to say that Harry was in a gay relationship with someone - despite both Harry and this other guy being straight. Harry used me as an 'insult', and decided that I was going out with her. Cue Amy, who happily proclaims that I'm gay. Harry didn't know up until that point, and seemed surprised. Amy seemed surprised at Harry's surprise, because according to her, "everyone knows".

Now, I don't have a problem with any of this. I really couldn't care less about who knows I'm gay, but I'm a bit confused as to how Amy found out, let alone "everyone", because I didn't tell them. And I doubt she checks people's Facebook profiles to see what their 'Interested In' is set to. I don't think anybody does (apart from me, because I'm such a stalk). But I now have absolutely no idea who knows and who doesn't, which to an extent, annoys me, because it's the sort of thing I'd rather have told people about myself, rather than people hearing it from people who heard it from people. But, on the other hand, I'm secretly very glad, because I don't have to do any of this horrible 'coming out' lark, and have also completed a new years resolution. Which, in 18 years, I think is the first time I can ever honestly say that :p

I'm curious as to how everybody found out, because the people that I had told don't really tell other people someone's private stuff - they're all just like "you want to know, you go and ask him. Not my place to say." I don't know weather or not the fact that Amy told people about my sexuality without my permission should bother me or not.

Anyway, thought and comments below please!

No comments:

Post a Comment