Friday 7 January 2011

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, sort of. I kind of came out :D.

Not to everybody I want to, there are still loads of people I want to tell, but I was asked if I way gay and I SAID YES.

Basically one of my friends, who's new to my school (very nice girl, very friendly.... let's call her India), asked another one of my friends (um.... we'll call her Akiko) and another one who I *think* is bisexual (at least, her interests on Facebook are men and women...) who we'll call Lisa, if homophobic bullying was common in our school, because it wasn't in her old one. I was sitting with them at the time, and I said "yes, it is, I've experienced it." (which is the truth... when I was in year 7, loads of people on my bus wrote 'Liam is gay' in the condensation on the windows, and they kept calling me 'Mr Gay UK'... Anyway, I digress). They both asked me if I was gay (almost at the same time as each other) and I simply said yes and acted as though it wasn't a big thing for me to say yes. At the time, my heart was racing... I remember thinking "OMG what am I doing???" as well as "YAY you've finally got it off your chest."

For some unexplainable reason, I remember tears coming to my eyes, so I just pretended I had to go and find a teacher. I went into the nearest toilet and just sort of hid and tried to hold it back. Not quite sure why these tears came to my eyes...

All three of them were really accepting, and Lisa and India both decided that they were going to beat up whoever had bullied me. I'd said that they've long since left, and that the bullying was in year 7, when I wasn't sure if I was gay or not (I came to terms with it properly in Year 8/9, but I think I've known since about year 5...).

But they'd still go and beat up anybody who bullies me :p

I hope I'll be able to bring it up in conversation with either Jack, Inga or Lauren soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment